Guest Post by Julie Dunkel, Design Consultant at Art Van Furniture
Julie is our area specialist and liaison for the Art Van Furniture home rewards program. The rewards program gives you, our client, preferred pricing and services including furniture home staging, design, and decorating advice and advance notice of sales and private shopping events. Your gift package also includes a $100 coupon for Paul's TV, one for World of Floors, and one for furniture. Once your offer to purchase a home is accepted one of our team members will sign you up and Julie will take it from there.
More about Julie
As a design consultant at Art Van Furniture, 14055 Hall Rd., Shelby Twp., MI. My goal is to help you turn your new house into a home reflecting your personality. In my 13+ year career I have assisted many clients transform their house into something they enjoy coming home to. I am more than happy to help you achieve the same results.
Items You'll Need for a Productive Furniture Experience!
- Floor Plans - Room measurements along with current pieces you plan on keeping in the room. Fireplace, windows sizes, and placement of heat ducts.
- Carpet or Floor Samples
- Paint Samples - If already painted
- Drapery Fabrics
- Pictures of furniture styles you appreciate or favor
Where will the furniture be going?
- Basement - Size of door opening and ceiling room. Is it a straight shot down stairs or is there a landing?
- Bungalow - Are you looking to get a queen size mattress upstairs? If so a split foundation is needed.
- Townhouse - Will the furniture be able to fit up the stairs?
- Bedroom made to a Den - Door width, hall width, and ceiling height to be able to accommodate a sleeper sofa or desk.
How do you plan on using your room?
- Reclining Furniture - Power vs. manual.
- Dining Tables - Gathering height vs. dining. Check height for kitchen counters and island to select the proper height bar/counter stool.
You can contact Julie for an appointment at 586-566-1490 (Shelby Township store) or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.